Perfect... Imperfection... Seeking A Balance...

Saturday, March 16, 2024

A Nostalgia Saturday

Annabelle started to take her IGCSE exam this year. She will take her first 2 subjects, Chinese as a Second Language and O Level English.

IMG_1857Today she is going to take her Chinese Oral exam at Sri Emas International School at 1.30 pm, and she needs to be there at noon.

Issac initially wanted to attend the Institute and he left home early thinking of using LRT to go to church at PJ. He called us while we were on our way out from home for our breakfast at Hoong Foong Dim Sum at USJ 21.

Then I told Issac to use the LRT back to USJ21 station to meet us at Hoong Foong Dim Sum. The timing was just right and we had a scrumpalicious and fulfilling breakfast!

After which we dropped Annabelle at Sri Emas, Issac and I headed to Citta Mall to chill at the Starbucks while waiting for her oral session to end. I was writing my journal on what happened over the past 2 weeks. We got a great deal at Starbucks where we got 2 drinks at only RM25.00++!

IMG_1858Both of us almost forgot that Issac needs to go to Jane Yap Atelier to take his artwork photo, while I need to reload and top-up my Touch n Go card at Citta Mall! We managed to get it done before we fetched Annabelle.

We fetched Annabelle at about 2.00 pm and we headed to IOI Mall Puchong to get some books for both at the Popular Book Store. I was gazing at the bookshelf and something caught my eye. It is an interactive journal which I think is interesting. I just told Issac that I am kind of lost after got to know his dad’s thing. I need something to focus back as I have sort of lost my direction in life.

Issac shared with me that he experienced the same as when he got to know about Alvin. He is now trying to do what he can to the Lord’s will – to help others and be Christlike. I was sharing with him that, apart from that he must be taking care of himself first before he could help others. I know what is my final destination in life, but it seems as if I need to take a step back and reassess my priorities, to reconnect with what I truly want in my life. Of course, I have a job or just started my career after hibernating for so long to take care of the children. Then three of us managed to buy the books we wanted, and we were happy about that.

IMG_1864

We decided to have our dinner at the mall before we headed back home. This was our dinner at the Noodle King House. A restaurant specializing in noodles, especially in its Signature Fried Fish Head Noodles with its superior soup base.

IMG_1861

While we were heading home, Issac said that today it seemed nostalgic to him, as he remembered days when the three of us used to go out together during weekends. My heart was broken when I heard that. Yes, these were the feelings where we used to have every weekend during they were much younger – three of us had each other to rely on and depend on…

IMG_1863

No comments:

Post a Comment