Perfect... Imperfection... Seeking A Balance...

Tuesday, December 17, 2024

18th Week for Christmas Season

哈喽哈喽,这是余长老。Recently we just had our transfers and I am staying in Ogden with my Golden area. But more than that I got a new companion. Elder Tang got tag out, but Elder Dubreuil is now in the ring ✨️‍♂️DING! 

And this week has really been interesting.

Transfers

While transfers were happening, one of the most scariest and frightening thing I've found out was managing and planning everything on the spot is insanely hard. Like just managing and finding the right people to help, as well as keeping in mind the situation of other missionaries and their plans to create my own one is soo chaotic. And it is soo difficult which even got me to feel overwhelmed and scared with all these changes. Getting new companion, being placed as the senior companion and just leading in area. Everything happening all at one's, or what I thought it felt like.

But I learned that things are being unfolded one step at a time. And I found out with more time and a better experience of planning. The task which I faced seemed more and more easier. But I have just gotten a few experiences. So it's still gonna be tuff.

I loved the challenges that the mission gives, it's hard but never impossible.  Just as the Lord plans it out for each and everyone of us.

Senior Companion

That is a tuff role, like just leading the area out of the blue is something I think you guys understand too. It's somewhat hard but never impossible.  But not having another companion to turn to for guidance it is scary, like feeling somewhat lonely in heart, mind always flooded with so many ideas, flushing and clashing with one another. And it feels like a storm in my thoughts. Not knowing where to start nor when to end. Yet time is going and never waits, which causes the soul to feel inadequate as well as rushing to get one task accomplished even though it's a terrible job too in the plans and ideas.

Learning that the Savior is there to help us connect back to my Father in Heaven has always been comforting me in my life. To know that I can always turn to Him and increasing my companionship with my eternal companion….

The Holy Ghost! Oops did I scare you but with the Holy Ghost, it helps to guide me in the thoughts that comes to me, gives the courage I need to act on it and helps me to accomplish with whatever I could think of. In the Lord's way. Even in His work. We do it his way.

Christ-Mas

We met with a Sister who decorated a tree which looked so beautiful! and she made it so pretty and upon looking at it. It has the whitest and purest leaves with a warm summer coat and radiating a sunset light. Brilliant in colour and accompanied with several white ornaments as well as lines of red beads hanging and coming out as if from the tree and staying on its leaf. It was amazing, being crowded with so many ornaments even with names such as Prince of Peace, Wonderful, Counsellor and etc. It was a tree which represented the Savior being made for this Christmas season. And it's amazing how she expressed her Savior through her artistic creation. The pain, loneliness, hope, peace, Joy and Love the tree Radiates.

And I am grateful to be able to see hat tree that night as it taught me how much the Savior loves us.

1000001464

It was lovely to see that tree it was awestrucking, breath taking and just peaceful quite and softening to view.

Kate's Baptism

We got a new Bappy too and it's for Kate a person which I rarely teach but is really elect an has been waiting to be baptised for 6 months. She had to go through many interviews and came a long way to enter into the covenant to have the Lord's presence ever more in her life✨️ She had the toughest time to in the past and it was amazing to see how much she has changes as well as the love and radiance that beams out from her after her baptism.

She is soo awesome and it just reminded me of her love and peace that covenants brings into our lives. To have the Lord's presence ever more and ever universal in our lives. And it's awesome!

1000001461
With our Mission President Tooo

Holy Ghost 3.0 

Well this is my 3rd time I think talking about the Holy Ghost and it is Awesome. Something I realised is how things are brought to me by small and simple ways in my life. As we were assigned to give a talk yesterday, me and Elder Dubreuil were prepping with what we would like to share. The many beautiful and wonderful messages and experiences we wanted to give to the members in the ward.

As I pondered I realised I had nothing coming in. As I tried to write on a Wednesday, I had to restart on Friday to write it again and even just lost at how I wanted to convey my message to the members. But as the day passes by, I realised whenever I thought of the talk, a small thought came in. Which I noticed it at first, but didn't really hold on to it. Not yet, till the second and a third time. I started to record it and added it in to my talk. Gradually I saw how the message seems more and more clearer and even during the meeting thoughts still came into my mind.

From scripture verses to quotes and even songs it all slowly came. It was interesting. And on Sunday as the sacrament meet went on. I found that an Elderly member was giving an awesome talk, but it was too long To which we still had a hymn and my companions talk and finally me.

Being placed on the spot with 5 mins left to give a talk. I too felt the guidance on which part of the talks I wanted to share and eventually everything was brought to my Remembrance. Keeping the message short, sweet and simple and end it off there. And I am grateful to listen and heed on the thought and the still small voice throughout the week.

Spiritual Thoughts.

Well recently I am studying the Christmas Plan found in the gospel Library and something that stood out to me was Mary and Elisabeth experiences with the knowledge of their children's identity and purpose. But ultimately in Luke 1: 39-66 it was really awesome to see how Mary supported her cousin Elisabeth during her time of hardship (pregnancy) and I was comforting to see that as Mary received her testimony and conversion to the Lord, she shared it to others, that others may be lifted up in their struggles. To testify of the knowledge of their Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son Jesus Christ.

Luke 22:32: 

32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

And I know that as we so all that we can to share out testimony as well as live to others. They can be strengthened and supported in their hardships. And I say all this things in the sacred name of Jesus Christ Amen.

1000001477
Best cowboy in the South East Asia

No comments:

Post a Comment