HELLO ELDER YU!!! I'M BACK FROM MY FSY IN BANGKOK!!! AND MANY ARE THE THINGS I'D LIKE TO TELL YOU!
First of all, going there. The KL youths were gathered at the airport and shot off to Bangkok with the guidance of the chaperones, Janeelyn's grandparents. Throughout the whole journey, I was a nervous wreck. Like, I knew I would at least improve my socialising with people I never knew, even if it's just a bit, but I was still fumbling and quiet as I circled on what to say. Because the thing is, Cherrie and I had planned a little project or a little secret combination. HAHAHA
No nut really cause we recalled being shy on our first FSY and wanted first-timers to feel at ease, especially with people they want to know during it all, But even so, how do you bring this up to a person? Like it sounds easy but it was definitely out of my comfort zone. Even so, we did call Janeelyn and Annabelle for help. Despite it being her first time, Annabelle was the most excited about it. So yeah, really nervous but I felt a little at ease when a kid in the front row in the plane started playing with me, the chopstick game ( remember him cause he's important).
Arriving at FSY, I was taken aback by the clapping and cheers of joy at what I would then learn from the coordinators. If I were to describe the feeling, it'd be like how Kingson described our church - being welcomed back home- cause they were so excited and so loud too! Not a complaint but shocking. I then collected the 4 cotton T-shirts ( so happy they are not nylon or polyester, my body cannot take another electrostatic), an ID which tells you which group you are and a drawstring bag with a flask, 2 bands, coloured pencils, a participant handbook and 2 pens. All with the youth's theme, quote, logo and scripture verse. Like I'm saying they're going big!!! Especially after I entered a room of youths dancing to THE OFFICIAL FSY PB&J DANCE! And when I say it's like nothing of my first FSY, I MEAN IT! It was loud, crazy BUT FUN! Of course, I felt like I lost some of my hearing with people beside me screaming cause it was part of the dance Anyway, that was just the start of orientation.
We are introduced to a simple and humble college student who loves us and wants us to be safe, named Ty and his co-ordinator Tizzy! They are the ones who usually conduct. They are so cool and SO HYPER! Especially Ty. We are introduced to the theme, safety rules and the consequences of not following and yada yada
BUT!!! WAIT! WANNA KNOW SOMETHING CRAZY?? My company is dark blue and we have 2 counsellors, but something about the counsellors is that: *drum roll*
I HAVE THE SAME COUNSELLOR FROM MY LAST FSY!!!
Her name is Liney!!! I love her and she's soooo cool!!!!♥️✨ And under is my other counsellor, a returned missionary called Isaac! ( it's weird to keep calling your name honestly HAHA)
So yeah, they're cool and we met up with our company and had a little Home Evening and games in the night, plus reflect and review
Company's Name
You're probably wondering why I'm creating a section for something small as a company's name but it will make sense as I write to you more in the next letters. However, I created this to keep track of my feelings about how I felt on that first day about the name. I'll give you a hint. It's in Moses 7:18. At first, I thought the name wasn't much, I felt that unity of being with other youths of the same beliefs before, so, of course, the word 'Zion' didn't stand out to me as much as it does now. So, Zion (one heart, one mind) was our company's name. Our company commitment - the company's goal - followed the theme a little with us wanting to be known as the most service-ful company during the week.
Well by then, you'll just have to wait for the other letters cause I want to keep every memory of the FSY detailed because I believe that these little details build up to my experience of FSY, which made it the most spiritual event I have experienced surrounded by youths- of whom I have no idea then, but love them so dearly now. So till we write again
Sincerely,
Annabelle Yu
No comments:
Post a Comment