Perfect... Imperfection... Seeking A Balance...

Saturday, October 19, 2024

Yo Elder! A Week of Weakness, Faith, and a Little Revelation

YO ELDER!

Another letter from yours truly, and just spiritual thoughts and some stuff that happened during this week!

So where to start?

Already from the start of the week was a stressful 5 consecutive days of IG! Though i wasn't the one who took all of the subjects, my friends' reaction to it was an inspiring and conducive actions. Studying diligently and playing Ping Pong diligently . For me, the Monday was a realisation of stress! During the preparation of the Chemistry Alternative to Practical, I had a hard time in understanding. Though everyone did say it is an easy paper to do, I still struggled. What was worst was that I had started comparing myself again and found all effort hopeless.

Still I had to chug on until the Thursday deadline hit. I remembered I had complained this to dad and telling him how stressful it was. And him knowing my habits he said: "You should really go with the mindset to win, or at least that you can do it. Don't keep thinking everything is pointless and it's the end of the world. You made effort and that is great." When I realised that mindset that I carried, I evaluated what you had advised me in the letter, which was don't compare.

Yet still on the day, even after preparing what I could do, I still felt that nagging feeling of comparison. So what did I do? I sought the only firm comfort I knew I had in. ✨️✨️The gospel✨️✨️ I remember I needed guidance, or at least something to motivate me on, and Ether 12:27 provided just that. "If men come unto me … then will I make weak things become strong unto them.” I knew what I had to do to let Him takeover, and it was to be humble and give Him a little prayer to make my weaknesses strong. During and after the test, the weight and pressure was lifted, and though I wasn't sure if it was that easy, I did realise I recognise most questions and wrote them in the most legit answer I felt was true.

come_follow_me

SPIRITUAL THOUGHT

Today, as I'm sending to you, just had seminary and was just touched by the feeling I had. A question was asked:

1. Who is Israel?

2. Who was Israel?

Israel, as you remember, is the name that was changed from Jacob, who was the son of Isaac, who was the son of Abraham.

This Jacob had 12 sons, who became the 12 tribes of Israel. Years later, the 12 tribes were divided to 10 and 2 tribes. The 10 tribes in the North, were then scattered during a war with a neighbouring country. From those 2 tribes in the South, were a family lead to America. Which was the family of Lehi, starting the records and the Book of Mormon. So how does this link to who is Israel? Well, when you travel around, you find others and fall in love outside your family, right? That DNA blood of the 12 tribes, who were the sons of Jacob, who was the sons of Isaac, who was the son of Abraham, SPREADS! All of us, all of whom are a part of the family of Israel with the DNA and blood passed down.

The Church of Jesus Christ! In other words, WE ARE ISRAEL!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! A promise was made by Jesus Christ. A promise of a sign for the great Gathering of Israel. And just, like get so close here, have you ever felt anticipation for an event? Or a feeling of being so lost and finally finding light? Ever have that realisation when a there's a twist in the book's plot? Or a ringing sound of freshly fired gun? That dazed yet clear joy of something? Cause that was what I felt when I read 3 Nephi 21: 7. In spoilers and simplicity, it's a feeling of a book, or the Holy Spirit whispering to you:

" It has started. The Restoration and Gathering of Israel has and is happening."

That moment of silence. The moment of needing to cry, realising what am I doing in this life to help? Yet that same moment to jump out, praise the Lord and share this unexplainable JOY to EVERYONE! All that concluded to a small thought that was a talk given by Elder Uchtdorf, titled "Are You Sleeping through the Restoration?"

PRESENT

Coming back, I haven't read the talk but planning to. So yeah, that's how the whole week went! Friday was a fun Children's Day that we celebrated. We even a game where we bought snacks with the same color, but not the same type of. No one was punished and everyone succeeded!

Yea, a messy email but just really wanted to write it down to you and wanted to share my thoughts about it. I hope it helps you with your testimonies as I'm growing mine too!

Your Dude,
Annabelle

 

P.S. Did you know that commonly called as the lamb of God, the Savior had another name around the North. The North had no sheep or lambs, however they had seals. So He was called the seal of God! I had real fun at seminary!

No comments:

Post a Comment