Perfect... Imperfection... Seeking A Balance...

Friday, November 29, 2024

17th Week in the Mission Field

Konichiwa! Well, another week, another P-Day , okay I can explain. I'm not being disobedient cause today is P-Day for us in the Utah Ogden Mission. And also HAPPY THANKSGIVING! ✨️

1000001122

Well, since today's Thanksgiving, the work here is really chill, and the road is somewhat empty too and that's the first time I've seen it. Alright, let's get to it!

Kitty's Service    

Well, as chinese missionaries, we get the opportunity to help chinese non-members and members with any sort of service, and the best art is that we can help any chinese in our area. Which is Brigham City to North Salt Lake ⚰️✨️ We were able to help this former investigator Kitty with moving furniture from Kaysville to North Ogden

1000001281
Met with these 2 amazing English Speaking missionaries from Kaysville, and they are fun and awesome. We got a ton of furniture in the van and the U-Haul truck, which was tiring. But it was somewhat dangerous, let's just say Bio-hazardous, and we're glad she's moving out of the house. We were able to sit in the U-haul truck with a member who was driving and had a blast✨️

Afterwards we got another set of missionaries to help unload things in North Ogden and gradually we finished the job, ate together as Kitty provided us lunch and had a lesson with her, making her a new friend to teach again!

Leading the Area    

Well, this week, I also got to have more opportunities to lead the area and just went around meeting with members as well as non-member, and it's been super duper fun. Just at the start of last week, we were able to contact this guy who has an E-bike and seemed like he's busy. We still contacted him anyways and learned that he has been having a rough time and was glad that we met and shared a simple message with him. He cried and just seeing people cry makes my eyes watery and I have more compassion for them. It's an amazing experience and lesson.

More than that I also got to learn about accepting changes and applying it in my life. And to be honest I felt like I just barely started learning in the mission and I am already like 3 or 4 months out. It's scary and I do beat myself up about it. But reflecting back, I've seen my growth and change in my life and I am eternally grateful for all of it. And I want to keep them always in my memory and learn from them. Not wasting each experience I've gained to learn the same lesson again. I am grateful for the Savior's Atonement and His love for all of us FR.

I felt like I am more charitable to others and especially to myself as well. Loving myself even more and taking great care of my health. Losing myself in this great work, at the same time to care and maintain an optimum condition to continue losing myself in the field.

DAA Chinese Branch    

Well I am gradually meeting and understanding the chinese branch even more. It feels like home right now. Just a sense of belonging and a comfort to just speak the language I have been training and improving on. I love my assigned branch!! Just last week we had a Primary Presentation during that sacrament meeting and it was AMAZING!! not only that but I got to meet Ethan Lowder's younger brother. Don't worry I forgotten the name but he is amazing! Heard that he is currently working as a MTC teacher. So Brother Huang and Sister Huggins tell him I said have fun and good luck with your boss !!

1000001286

It was fun meeting with him and just learning he came back from his mission not long ago. I find that even though the chinese branch is really small, it's close and feels like home. Reminds me of my home branch. Hopefully I can help strengthen that branch and help in the Lord's work.

Trunky    

Chat I'm trunky, to be honest I am amazed how fast I missed home and also maintaining the desire to keep serving the Lord is really a hard thing to do. Where I already have days when I wished I could just SACK and also there are days I felt like I'm just not doing the work. Wasting this precious time while on my mission, It;s tough and also worrying about my own companionship like am I doing too much?, too less?, not working?, what does my comp think of me?, am I helping him at all?' Am I a burden? and etc. Mental struggle is real on the mission, and I just wish I could learn faster and remember it clearer... Yet that's not what I am capable of, I am not the Savior, but He has suffered all that we could possibly suffer in this life. That we may be perfected like He is eventually and through Him are we made perfect. And that's a lesson I have learned trying to remember each time I get a mental breakdown.

I came to learn that emotions are normal, trunky is normal. But I choose to continue serving the Lord, I just want to forget myself and do His work, whether its 100%, or 1% of energy left. I do want to consecrate all that I have to the Lord. I think it's gonna be insanely hard but there are people the Lord wants us to bless, I want to bless others, to bring that joy in their lives. I love my mission even though I do feel like dying, the Savior's Redeeming and Enabling power is so AMAZING!!!

Spiritual Thoughts

In 3 Nephi 17, it talks about toward the end of the Savior's first appearance to the Nephites in Bountiful. He finished His teachings to this people and was about to return to Heavenly Father. But He noticed that everyone needed comfort, peace and assurance. Even when no one told him about it, He invited all to Come Unto Him, at first it was to attain a testimony that He is the Christ but now its to let them know that He is our Savior. He began healing all the sick, afflicted and more. Gradually one person at a time Healed them and comforted them in their burdens and hardships. After that Angels came down and ministered to all of them, assuring them that it's gonna be A'OKAY. And He even offered a prayer for all of them as well as instituted the sacrament for them too.

我知道耶稣基督很疼爱每一个天父的儿女,他想要我们回到他生变。能一起集合到天父的家,永远的在他旁边。耶稣为我们而受苦和经验到死亡为了辅助我们个人的行程会到天父的大家庭。天父,耶稣基督和圣灵非常爱我们。我知道他们春在。这些我说奉耶稣基督的名,阿门。

1000001325
THE TURKEYYY BOWLLLL! on snow tooo!!

1000001277
Had to get a flat tire fix with a homie members help

1000001279
Got some food along the way

Anyways that's all see you next P-Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment