Perfect... Imperfection... Seeking A Balance...

Saturday, November 30, 2024

Bangkok, Thailand Temple Trip — A Journey of Faith, Healing, and Trust 28–30 Nov 2024

Sometimes, we travel to a place not just to see something new, but to find a little peace in our hearts. My trip to the Bangkok Thailand Temple was one of those journeys. I went with many thoughts and emotions, hoping to feel closer to Heavenly Father and find the strength I needed for the challenges in my life.

IMG_4670

Before the trip, I had been so occupied with work, studies, and family responsibilities that I wondered whether I had prepared myself spiritually enough to enter the House of the Lord. But the moment I stepped into the temple, I felt a familiar sense of peace. It was as if I had come home.

IMG_4674

One of the most touching experiences was performing proxy initiatory ordinances for my great-grandmother on my mother's side. As I listened to the blessings, tears filled my eyes. I felt deeply moved by the thought that Heavenly Father's love extends to all His children, including those who have passed away. It was a beautiful reminder that temple service allows us to reach beyond ourselves and participate in something eternal.

IMG_4708

During the three days and two nights, I attended three endowment sessions and one sealing session. I also had the opportunity to meet members and friends from different countries, including Thailand, Cambodia, India, and Malaysia. Although we came from different backgrounds and spoke different languages, we shared the same faith and desire to serve in the Lord's house. There was something very special about feeling united with people I had only just met.

IMG_4677

As I participated in the endowment sessions, I found myself reflecting more deeply on the Creation, the Garden of Eden, agency, and the covenants we make with Heavenly Father. I realised that there were things I needed to relearn and understand with a more mature heart. Life has taught me that making choices is not always easy. Sometimes, we make decisions without fully understanding the consequences, and sometimes we look back and wish we had known better. But perhaps part of our mortal journey is learning, growing, and trusting the Lord even when we cannot see the whole picture.

RCZW0821

One of the most personal moments came when I entered the Celestial Room. I had brought questions about my marriage and the direction of my life. I prayed and hoped that Heavenly Father would tell me what to do. I wanted a clear answer, something that would remove the uncertainty I had been carrying for so long.

HDZB4976

But no direct answer came in the way I expected. Instead, I found myself crying quietly as I sat with my thoughts.

IMG_E4710

I began to wonder whether I had been waiting for the Lord to make the decision for me when He was asking me to exercise my own agency. Perhaps I needed to take time to listen, reflect, seek His guidance, and find the courage to make the choices that lay before me. Not every answer comes as a clear instruction. Sometimes, faith means moving forward without knowing exactly what will happen next.

IMG_4687

I thought about the many times the Lord had guided me in my career. When I needed new opportunities, doors opened, sometimes in ways I had never expected. Looking back, I could see His hand in my life. Remembering those experiences gave me comfort. If He had helped me navigate difficult decisions before, I could trust Him to walk beside me through this chapter too.

IMG_4690

Outside the temple, Bangkok offered a different kind of experience. I visited Platinum Mall with Sister E Chin, explored the busy streets, and saw the food stalls filled with local treats. We enjoyed meals together and shared simple moments that made the trip memorable.

IMG_4691

Seeing these familiar scenes of travel and family activities brought back memories of our family holidays. There was happiness in those memories, but also a little sadness. I am learning that the heart can hold both emotions at the same time, and that is okay.

IMG_4692

This trip did not magically solve my problems or take away all my worries. I returned home with some questions still unanswered. But I also returned with a quieter heart and a renewed desire to trust Heavenly Father.

IMG_4699

I am learning that healing is not something that happens overnight. Letting go is not always easy, and moving forward does not mean that the pain has completely disappeared. Sometimes, it simply means being willing to take one small step at a time, even when the road ahead is uncertain.

IMG_4701

I may not know exactly what the future holds, but I know I do not have to face it alone. I can continue to pray, seek guidance, exercise my agency, and trust in the Saviour's love and Atonement.

IMG_4738

As I look back on my Bangkok temple trip, I am grateful for the sacred experiences, the people I met, the memories I made, and the quiet reminders that Heavenly Father is still with me.

I am not completely healed, and I do not have everything figured out. But I am learning to let go, to have faith, and to move forward with hope.

“I can do all things through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.”

One step at a time, I will keep walking forward. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment